our personal expat-blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

...root for me...

Expiring date is something I can really pass on :(
My passport is another 4 months valid. This is enough to enter the U.S. but it's not long enough for Belize. They request 6 months. This means... I need a new passport.
Because the mills of the responsible department grind slowly, they need 4-6 weeks to make out this document. I could get a provisional passport in a short time. Belize would accept this... but not the U.S.
But for a sleepyhead like me the German government has a good solution... the express-passport. Within 72 hours the authorities can make out this document. However you have to pay 30 Euros more. So... on Tuesday morning, I have to run as fast as the wind to the department, hoping that the passport will be completed until Thursday afternoon.


drückt mir die Daumen...

Ablaufdatum ist etwas, auf das ich wirklich gerne verzichte. Mein Reisepass ist noch 4 Monate gültig. Dies reicht zwar für die Einreise in die USA, aber es ist nicht ausreichend für Belize. Dort muss er 6 Monate gültig sein. Das bedeutet... ich brauche einen neuen Pass.
Da die Mühlen der zuständigen Dienststelle langsam mahlen, benötigen sie ca. 4-6 Wochen um dieses Dokument auszustellen. Ich könnte schnell einen vorläufigen Pass beantragen. Dieser würde von Belize akzeptiert, allerdings dürfte ich mit diesem nicht in die USA einreisen.
Aber für eine Schlafmütze wie mich gibt es eine gute Lösung - den Express Reisepass. Innerhalb von 72 Stunden kann die Behörde den Pass ausstellen. Es kostet allerdings 30,-- Euro mehr.
Also... am Dienstag morgen muss ich schnell wie der Wind ins Bürgerbüro und hoffe, dass der Pass bis Donnerstag Nachmittag fertig ist.

2 Kommentare:

Minerva said...

You lucky being German. I, a Swedish citizen in a similar predicament had to make a personal trip from southern Georgia to the Swedish embassy in Washington DC, get my biometrics for the new passport taken, go back home ... an wait 4 weeks, as my passport was stuck somewhere on its delivery route from Stockholm to Washington DC by the record snofall in DC... while my job assignment in Belize awaited me...

orchis said...

I think it was easy because it happened in Germany. I realy don't want to know how long it would have needed if would have been somewhere else.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails