our personal expat-blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

first thoughts

My husband an me consider to emigrate to Belize.

When he told me the first time that he wanted to change something in his live, I thougt he would like to start a new hobbie like fly-fishing ore collecting stamps. ;) But when he said that he was thinking about leaving our well developed country, our house and family... I was shocked.

It took me several days to come along with this idea. But the longer I was thinking about emmigration... the more the idea was fascinating me.

We are talking about our daughter - she'll become 18 this year.... If she would like to join us... or if she would start her "own life" here in Germany. But we only want to talk with her about this, when we're really sure that our ideas ar not only dreams (or nightmares).

Yes of course some days I think that we're totally crazy and on other days I walk with open eyes through our house thinking about things we have to leave behind, making new plans.

But theese are only wooly thoughts.

Next week we'll travel to Belize. We'll stay there for nearly 3 weeks and in this time we want to have a look-around if we really could imagine, to live there.


So... either this blog will end here... or it will become the blog ouf our "living in Belize" for the next years.

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails